Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Lets go on a short Hike!!

This is my daughter Erin and granddaughter Sophia whilst on a short hike to a beach not all that far from their home in WA, USA.

I don't very often try to scraplift layout's done by my favorite scrappers, many inspire me but I find it is too hard to even begin to to their layout's justice.  This design belongs to Stephanie (Steph) Devlin, and amazing artist whose work I love and she's Australian as well.  Steph is on the Prima DT and well deserves that honor with the great work she does, I never miss a day checking out her blog and because she's Australian I plan to go and do classes with her later this year between my 2 planned trips to America.

Firstly I am going to visit my daughter and her family for both hers and grandson Henry's birthday's.  The second trip is to help my daughter bring the children home to Australia for Xmas and a long stay, her husband who is in the United States Army cannot come at the same time but will be following a little later.

On this layout I used Gesso on the pink background to soften it and blend it in with the whole layout.  The vine is cut using a Martha Stewart Punch, the embellishments and of course the paper is Bo Bunny..love that range, the punch around the outer edge is an EK Success punch, while the chippy embellishment is from my stash which I also used Gesso on to create texture and then dappled it lightly with metallic rub ons.  The hearts were cut on my cricut but not totally successfully, I say that only because I couldn't get them to look anything like the wonderful hearts on Steph's layout.


1 comment:

Alison said...

This is beautiful!! You did an incredibly job of lifting her lo, and you should be proud of yourself! The inspiration behind this lo is probably just as pretty!